Thursday, July 23, 2015

coffee | kellie stamps

Good morning!  

  I have another layout here with my favorite subject and my favorite stamps sets.  I am trying to lessen my obsession with coffee but so far it isn't really working.  My 3 cups a day habit is still going strong.  haha

  This page was actually inspired by a page I saw at Studio Calico by Mana1 (here).  I love the simple design and the circles mimicking the coffee cup.  I made the large circle by placing a bowl over the area I planned to have the doily and the photo.  When tracing the bowl I kept in mind the spots I wanted to put the stamp and the word stickers.  I left those blank and hand drew the arrows and dots to fill in the extra space.
For the "coffee" stamp in the upper right corner I used my yellow colored pencil to create an ombre effect.  I like the little pop of color there.  Of course since I had yellow there and in the middle I decided to add it to the lower left stamp as well.  It created a nice flow around the page. 

the layout:


the details:



Aren't these pink paislee stars delicious?  I love the little gold veins in the cork.  




This little coffee cup was just right for this spot.  I love that it also continues the subtle circle theme I had going.

Sometimes simple pages are just what I need to convey the thought I have in my head when creating a layout.  The focus is on the photo but little bits of things help make it interesting.  It certainly seems to work here.


product list: coffee | kellie stamps + july LP / bits and pieces / main | gossamer blue kits


Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a lovely, creative day.


No comments:

Post a Comment